The DroneCell is a cell phone for your robotics/ electronics/ minicomputer/ anything project. Its an all-in-one communication device: communicate via texts, phone calls, or even over the internet. Any device with a TTL UART can communicate with the DroneCell. C libraries are available for download.
- Send and Receive Phone Calls
- Send Text Messages
- Communicate over the Internet
- Send and Receive Multimedia Messages ( pictures , text files )
No more stupid Xbees that have limited range, use DroneCell for nearly unlimited range! It will work anywhere you have a cell tower. Control your robot in Los Angeles from your laptop in New York City.
Imagine sending a text message to your custom circuit which starts your car. Or sending data wirelessly over the Internet to your UAV thats flying over Afghanistan. Or getting GPS and weather data from your high altitude air balloon. Or even having your butler robotdial your cell phone and email you when he detects an intruder.
All this is possible with DroneCell!
- LED indication for both network status and power
- Small footprint (5cm x 4.5cm)
- Breadboard compatible for easy prototyping
- 4.5VDC-16VDC power supply input
- 3.3V or 5V UART Interface (voltage-shifting is done on board)
- High serial data rate (up to 115200 baud)
- GPRS communication rate (86.5 kbps downlink) - cellular to server communication
- CSD (up to 14.4 kbps) - cellular to cellular communication
- Software configurable baud rate
- Works with any SIM card
- Quad band cellular connectivity
- Internal switch to detect SIM card presence
- Dial and receive phone calls (however, no microphone or speaker interface setup)
- Send and receive text messages
- Send and receive Multimedia Messages
- Send and receive data to any Internet connected computer
- Send and receive data over TCP or UDP sockets
- Super long range (anywhere there is cell reception)
- High altitude (at least 10,000 feet, up to 30,000 depending on Cell tower)
- Phonebook entries and storage
- Software libraries for AVR
- Real time clock, synced to cellular tower time
- User set alarms
- UAVs and Balloons - live data reporting - GPS, pressure, altitude, streaming video
set waypoints, camera commands, etc.
- Cars- remote start, car alarm notification, GPS tracking
- Security systems - cars, boards, sheds, etc.
- Home automation - thermostat control, lighting
- Robots - data transfer, remote commands
- Processors and computers- data transfer, wireless ssh, telnet
- Wireless Industrial Systems - reset computers, activate pumps
- Wireless Asset tracking - GPS track your car, your spouse, your cat
TCP/UDP DATA TRANSFER METHODS:
- iPod server/client socket app
- Custom socket server/client - Perl, Python, C#, etc.
Information and Tutorials
DroneCell Getting Started Guide
Axon UDP Demo Code
Axon Text Message Demo Code
SIM900D Module Datasheets:
SIM900 AT Commandset Datasheet
SIM900 Hardware Datasheet
Multimedia Message AT Guide
TCP/UDP Internet Data AT Guide
Copywrite 2011 Narobo.com